Overcoming Obstacles to Community Engagement
Brienza’s Educare understands that the numerous obstacles to parental and community engagement can include:
- Culture and language
- Availability and time constraints
- Financial situations
- Mobility (transient students)
- Lack of transportation
Accordingly, Brienza’s Educare provides parent workshops which assist schools and organizations to overcome these challenges. Our Parent Workshops are designed to help parents support their child’s academic success and social success.
Respecting Parents and Getting Families Involved
Educare’s parent workshops successfully:
- Value parents as a resource encouraging them to participate in their school’s decision making process
- Ensure that parents have the basic knowledge on how to be involved in their child’s education
- Provide families with information and resources on how to encourage student success
- Foster personal relationships with parents and families by respecting parent’s “where they are”
Customized Workshops Available
While we offer a menu of parent workshops, customized workshops can be developed to meet the specific needs of a school.
Bullying . . . The Solution
Additionally, Brienza’s Educare has created and published, Bullying: A Practical Guide for Parents and Teachers in order to provide parents and schools with useful insights and strategies for dealing with bullying.