The ever-changing face of education presents both obstacles and opportunities for schools. Educare’s staff with their extensive knowledge and experience allows us to support schools in their quest to be successful.
We offer an extensive array of professional development topics that address many facets of education that include, but are not limited to: classroom management, effective teaching strategies, use of technology in the classroom, understanding and using data to drive instruction,
Meeting the needs of all students is necessary to a school’s success. Different populations require different approaches and strategies to guide them in reaching their full potential. Our workshops address the needs of all students including but not limited to Special Education Students, English Language Learners and students with behavioral issues.
Topics offered by
Brienza’s Educare include:
- Workshop participants will be introduced to a series of differentiation strategies
- Participants will gain an understanding of current instructional methodologies and best practices.
- Educators will develop lessons which incorporate differentiated instructional strategies and assessments.
- Response to Intervention
- Help teachers assess students to meet their needs.
- Learn to identify different types of learners and learning challenges which students may show.
- Utilize strategies, activities, and lessons to address all learners, with special attention on students who exhibit difficulty in the classroom.
Data Analysis to Drive Instruction
- Interpret standardized and teacher prepared test data to adjust instruction in order to meet students’ needs.
- Assess and address students’ needs through grouping, differentiated instruction, and alternative assessment.
Communication Skills for Effective Management and Leadership
- Presenters/mentors will cover the styles of communication effective leaders use to lead their organizations.
- Learn how leaders use communication to inspire and motivate, to create synergy.
- Create an environment that promotes collegiality based on trust and cooperation.
- Learn the importance of symbolism, perceptions and interpretation, hidden messages, cultural language, reflection and how listening plays in understanding.
- Identify for each subject/grade core skills/content taught, methods employed and assessments used.
- Focus on improving curriculum delivery and assessment using vertical and horizontal alignment across subjects and grade levels.
- Participants will create unified interdisciplinary units that foster student learning
- Leadership Skills for Team Development
- Explore how school leaders become effective facilitators of team development, to create synergy and accomplish organizational goals.
- Learn the importance of organizational culture and how to resolve conflicts.
Reaching Our English Language Learners
- Effectively modify lessons to incorporate the tenets of language acquisition and teaching methods that promote student learning and achievement.
- Create a safe and well organized learning environment
- Focus will be on classroom design, discipline procedures/techniques, and establishing routines.
Leadership Skills for Conflict Resolution
- Learn the nature of conflict, how and why it is created and the positive or negative impact it has on individuals and organizations
- Examine how management/leadership styles, high expectations, limited resources, policies and procedure contribute to individual and organizational conflicts
- Identify the signs of conflict, causes, and how to implement practices/policies for prevention and intervention.
- Learn how an environment of trust and mutual respect allows constructive dialogue and the resolution of conflicts
Core Curriculum State Standards
- Examine the impact of the Core Curriculum State Standards (CCSS) on instruction
- Learn how to align instruction to the new CCSS will change the focus of instruction
Motivational Skills for School Administrators
- An interactive workshop to explore theories and practices for motivating staff.
- Participants will apply motivational theories and practices to attain desired school goals.
- Foster a collegial environment and team development while avoiding practices which de-motivate staff